21.11.10

¡Hola a todos!

I know I've been missing from the internet lately, but I've been keeping myself busy with work at the NGO, applications (of various sorts), and as of today, my budding career as a shopgirl! Today I started work at the amazing, amazing store Anthropologie! (Family members who may or may not be reading this blog can totally take advantage of this discount, cough cough) I was very nervous, never having worked in retail, [So many customers, so many clothes, so little time] however, as I was getting ready to go in the store, I ran into my high school friend, Duveltson, who was starting his first day at Guess/Marciano, near my store. Running into him calmed me down a bit, so I was sound of mind for my first Anthro experience.

The first thing they had me do was fold--I immediately had flashbacks to my kindergarden class where I won the award for "best folder." See?! The most important things in life, you DO learn in kindergarden. I eventually moved on to the register and thank God all of the customers were so so patient with my slow counting and number entering. I better speed things up for the holiday season! I was only there for a little bit today, the real crunch will
start later on in the week--black Friday, anyone? But I'm very excited for all the new things to come. Christmas is just around the corner. Today, as I was walking out to my car, I could have sworn I heard jingle bells...but then I realized it was just my coat's belt buckle clanking against a button...or was it?







2 comments: